You might come to a phase in your life when you need a spacious house than yours one but also don’t want to move on to a new place. If leaving your house is not a good option then guess what, you do have another choice! And that is “Home Addition”
What do you mean by Home Addition?
Home addition typically directs to the fact of creating a new room or a larger space as an addition to your existing house. As your family gets a new addition of members, it is a must to get a new addition of room also. This addition could be a kitchen, a store room or even a bedroom. No matter what your needs are, this option is much better than buying a new apartment.
Things you Need to Know Before Starting planning for Home Addition in Houston, Woodlands or any other areas at Greater Houston.
Home addition plans might seem intimidating if you do not know where to start. Having experience in this specific field for a long time, we have arranged this article into 4 different parts (before starting the project, how to manage, advantages and disadvantages, who can help you) to clarify all your confusions.
To execute the plan, you have to know where you should start. Here are some step-by-step points to guide you through that:
● Identify your Needs: Do a quick survey of the growing needs of your family. How many square feet do you need? Would you like to have a kitchen with extra space or a Bathtub with rich quality?
These are some questions you might have in your mind. So, it’s essential to identify all those questions and decide where to start – from your bedroom or kitchen?
● Consult with the Administration: Before starting the process, it is crucial to get the permission of your concern local office. Contact the local development office and be prepared to provide the architectural plans like- sketches, scheme area etc. to them.
Though it seems easier while you read, it is not something you can go through with this much ease. The local officers can create hurdles in the middle of your construction and make an issue from a small mistake. So, it is a recommendation that you should do this consultancy at first and then start the process.
Also, if you are a part of a house owner’s association, there may be some rules you need to maintain. Be careful of those rules regarding the facts- where you can build, dig or start swinging.
● Repair the Current Structure: This point might seem contradictory to our main topic, but it is true. It depends on your current infrastructure, how your future addition would be!
Find out the distraction of your house and where you need to make the repairments. Mostly foundation cracks, unsupported ceiling and damp walls are the necessary places for repairments.
● Prepare to Deal with the Disruption: Your house will continue being a work zone for a couple of days. That’s why plan carefully how you can use the extra space. Like if you are adding kitchen redone, set up a kitchen as a short-time structure in another room and place your basic kitchen equipment there. Same goes for the living room, washroom and so on.
In the case of the kids, you can move them to your neighbour’s home or relative’s house. But the best option would be if you can shift to a hotel with all of your family members for a couple of days.
As you know from where you can start, now it is time to understand how you need to start. To manage all these executions, you can look through the small addition and then move on to the Bigger Additions.
A home addition is a sum of many steps. If you want to start from the bigger ones, in a while, you will start feeling exhausted for sure. So, it is a smart option, to begin with the following ones-
This addition is the form of adding small space within your area. There is no need to pay for new foundation work. This would also allow you to get an extension over the edge of your house, and thus, the space for home addition would also increase.
Build a Dormer
Dormer is an upright window built from the roof and framework with the pane. By adding it, you can expand the window structure and allow enough light and air to get into your room. It would help you mentally to feel the vibe of freshness and ensure the relaxation of your house. Mostly, it is built on the second floor as it is the best placement for the Dormer.
If you are determined about executing this process correctly, do not be late and start immediately after finishing the smaller ones. These are some ways how you can accomplish:
Perfect Kitchen Addition
It is a necessary addition to your existing one. Firstly, remove the dividing walls and rearrange the cabinetry. You can also add a peninsula to give your kitchen a chef-style look.
Besides, you can build a couple of windows and a door to ensure a natural feeling while you are cooking. Try an archway that connects your kitchen to an outer space that makes the outlook of the kitchen spacious. Replacing cabinets and appliances would be done as per your preference.
Customize Living Room
Your living room is the preferable space where all the members come to have a sit. A colourful, two-story addition would bring enlarged family spaces, a whole new suite and enough light to pass the time comfortably.
Your living room must look more like a fun place than a proper living place. You can frame around obstructions like- posts, artwork and also keep access to valves and do arguments like- cleanouts, machinery etc. You are putting up walls and a roof along with a foundation that eventually feels like a part of the room. In short, you have to make your room addition in a way so that it doesn’t look like addition in any way.
A beautiful morning with sunshine on your plate- yes, you heard it right! This visualization can be real now with intellectual professionalism. An inviting breakfast room full of sunlight can elevate even the most modest home.
The room can be variable like- three-season sunrooms, four-season sunrooms, normal season sunrooms and solariums. You can use glass entirely of wood to bring in the best colour in the room!
A mudroom is a repository for all the messy stuff like- umbrellas, boots, soggy shoes, and at the same time, it is also an entrance to your residence. So, there is no room for ignorance at all!
Get a list of the things you want there to be in an organized way. Do you want a hanger to hang your dresses? Or a shoe rack? It is up to your liking what you desire. Consider those things and decorate the room according to that list.
Enrich Bathroom Addition
Bathroom additions are among the most popular aspects you need in Houston and all over Texas. It is quite tempting to want a new bathroom suddenly, but you must know how to renovate it first.
Since many homes come along with a walk-in closet, you can quickly turn that closet into a bathroom. It would add space up to 25 square feet which are as long as half of a bathroom. In case the area you chose does not have a ventilation and plumbing system already, make sure to add these facilities to develop a newer and perfect bathroom.
Renovate the Garage
The most advantageous way to add some extra space to your home is adding a garage. If your current home is garage-less, then build a freestanding garage. It faces fewer construction challenges, and keeps dust, smells away from your house. This transformation is even more dominant in lousy weather.
Like earlier, this garage should also look like a part of your home. Also consider the size (single, double, three-car), the materials (plastic, cement, cork, tiles), windows etc. to get an appropriate garage with excellent interpretation.
Extra Bedroom Addition
In case your family is expanding, and one bedroom is not enough, you can build an extra bedroom instead of shifting to a bigger house. You can create the room beside the existing one, or up, adding a second level.
It can include a single or double room or an entire floor (as per your choice). This can be an easy solution to your confusions and several problems you were facing these days!
An Outer Shade
To build a shade on the outer space of your property can be a plus point if you are a sorted person. You can use this shed to enjoy some alone time or use that for car restoration. These sheds are also known as “man cave”.
For things like a lawnmower, this extra space would play a vital role to be used as a workshop too. You can make any mess and do not get in trouble! So, a shed on a sound place is the answer to your exhaustion, INDEED.
Why should you Prefer a Home Addition Project?
1. Supplementary Space: You may suggest room additions that serve a dedicated function instead of giving up a bedroom or living space. In case you need an office room, you can add some office cabinets in the place of the store or mudroom.
Another common addition is a sunroom, which usually has expansive windows for basking in the sunshine, as the name implies. Thanks to natural light, these are excellent rooms to read in. For girls, they often render appropriate playrooms.
Perhaps you have a tiny front foyer, and when many people arrive at once, there is often a traffic jam. Before moving into the main room, adding a front or back extension will give visitors and family a place to put their shoes and coats comfortably.
1. An Organized Living: Wouldn’t it be great to have everything you need in a house? You will feel an achievement after the process of home additions to finally turn your dream house into a reality. You may love the home and the area in which it is, but you haven’t considered just adding it yet. Maybe it’s not only the room you’re thinking about—perhaps you want a dream bedroom. Instead of finding another home that already has one you can bump your new one a few feet out or fully remodel it.
1. Adaptable is for Family: For current or growing families, an addition can be a perfect way to build a new space. If you have attorneys or older parents coming to stay with you for long periods, you can even suggest house additions. Buyers also very much appreciate square footage. When the time comes to put your home up for sale, an extra bedroom will make your home more appealing.
1. Additional Income: There are several individuals out there searching for one-room rentals. Attach a kitchenette, a bedroom and a bath and give it a rental call. You may also provide your occupant with a different entrance so that they don’t come to the front door. When crafting a lease, make sure you do your homework!
1. Reformed Spaces: Home additions do not necessarily always indicate that you are constructing a house. For example, you can choose to close it with screening or windows to build a new space if you have an open front porch or back patio but want a little more privacy.
You could turn areas in your home that you thought were unusable into your favourite new sitting spots with the right contractor.
Who can help you with all these for your Home Addition Project
Now you are fully prepared about what to do to execute your plan and also the benefits of it. All you need now is the answer to “How to do it?”
The answer is simple. You need to hire someone with high professionalism and fair review. It is tough to find the right person for your work, but as you are reading this article, I would say it is easy!
We provide the best contractor in Houston with an affordable budget and license (of course!). We can ensure the ensuing things-
● Turn your dream into reality, what you want and also add some designs according to what you need.
● Unique but extraordinary architectural plan to ensure that your home looks good and at the same time feels like actually a “Home”.
● From your kitchen to the living room, flooring to painting, we can help you on each end. Our company assures that you get a specialized contractor for any specific area like- kitchen design for kitchen, room designer and so on. So, you can find the best ever professionals for your dream project.
● Budget-friendly offer- after reading all the above circumstances, you have already known all the facts regarding our service. You might think that these all facilities would be costly for sure. But no! You are absolutely wrong.
The BRC construction.com comes with a long list of advantages with a budget-friendly package. We offer to work for you with 100% challenge and high proficiency. You can choose your requirements according to your price and also be sure of a 100% outcome.
Expectantly, as you have come to this point, you have already read all the parts of our article. So, now it is the time to just look forward, make the decision and say “Let’s do it!” And for any help, we BRC construction.com are just a click away!